SPEA Flying Probe Electronics Test Services
Our Flying Probe Test Services provide customers with high-coverage, automated electronics test without the need for costly fixtures. We offer this service in addition to our suite of electronics test capabilities – which also includes AOI, functional test, X-ray inspection, and more. Flying probe test provides greater coverage for complex PCB designs and quick-turn jobs.
Our Flying Probe Test Services include:
- Design for Test (DFT) analysis
- Test program development
- Board testing: prototypes and production boards
- Flying probe and AOI test combinations
These tests are performed on the SPEA 4050 S2 equipment, which features:
- XYZ linear motors for very fast probe speed
- Accuracy and repeatability
- Flexible probing
- Testing on boards up to 500mm x 400mm
Learn more about this test equipment on the SPEA website.
Why Flying Probe?
Flying probe test is particularly valuable for:
- Electronic assemblies with many components or densely placed components
- Products that that require high reliability
- Testing prototype boards and low-volume production runs on designs that are in flux and need to be quickly re-spun
- Situations where fast turnaround is required on test programs and test results
When you contact us about your needs for electronic test services, PCB assembly, or other electronics manufacturing requirements, we will advise you about the best test options for your product.
Test With Us
Send requests for quotations for test services to:
Arlene Sugrue, Director Business Development
613-736-5665 ext. 273
Recommended Resources for Flying Probe Test
- Powerful Circuit Test: ICT & Flying Probe (PDF): short paper from OCM Manufacturing
- Planning Your Test Strategy: DFM Tip from OCM Manufacturing
- Measurement capabilities for testing critical circuit configurations (PDF): DFM Tip from SPEA
- Design for Testability (PDF): white paper from SPEA
- “Test is NOT somebody else’s problem“: our editorial in EETimes